- 3 oz. bourbon
- 1.5 oz. blood orange juice
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- .5 oz thyme simple syrup (see below for recipe)
- 1 sprig of thyme (for garnish)
- 1 orange peel (for garnish)
Thyme Simple Syrup
Combine equal parts of fine sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a low boil. Remove from heat. Add 6-10 sprigs of fresh thyme and let steep for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with 4 large ice cubes.
- Stir with a cocktail spoon.
- Strain into a glass with 4 new large ice cubes.
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme and/or a twist of orange peel.
“10 Creative Cocktails.” BridalGuide, 10 Oct. 2014, www.bridalguide.com/planning/wedding-reception/creative-cocktails. Photo Credit: Carol Lee.